National Merit Scholarship Program
GEICO Achievement Award Program
GEICO supports college sophomores and juniors with $2,500 scholarships every year. To apply, you must be at a four year college and pursuing a major in business, computer science, mathematics or a related concentration. These are all majors GEICO sees as vital to their company.
The Drive to Learn Scholarship
Shift Insurance has a $1,000 scholarship for college, community college, and trade school students who submit a story about driving and how they learned from it. Since these guidelines are so broad and the material is so simple to complete, it’s an easy $1,000 to apply for.
AAA Scholarship Foundation
AAA offers an alternative for low income families and those with disabled children who are pre-K through 12th grade. Through tax credit scholarships, parents are able to get the financial assistance they need to get their children out of their designated school districts and into the educational environments they need to thrive. Learn about opportunities in your state.
Liberty Mutual Responsible Scholars
- Alternative Spring Break Grants. Liberty Mutual grants scholarships to college students who not only have high grades, but work to make a difference. If your child is planning on spending spring break by helping others, they can apply for one of 10 $2,000 grants. Applicants have to be involved in a student-run organization, enrolled in an undergraduate program, and must fill out a form on the website.
IASA Scholarship Program
Undergrads in their sophomore and senior years who are pursuing careers in insurance may apply for this scholarship. Scholarships typically range from $500-$2,500 and are given to students every year.
- Don’t Text and Drive Scholarship. All high school students are able to apply for this scholarship by submitting a 140 word statement about texting and driving. Then, those chosen as finalists must write a 1,000-1,500 word essay for a chance to win a $1,000 scholarship.
- Backseat Advisor. All applicants must do is provide their cell phone number, the numbers of two friends, and play a game for a chance to win a $10,000 scholarship. Not only will this help with educational financing, but safe driving awareness too.
Hunter Garner Scholarship
- Project Yellow Light. High school juniors, seniors, and college students are encouraged to speak their minds about texting and driving with this scholarship application. Challenged to film a short video about texting and driving, students have the opportunity to win first, second, and third place prizes of $5,000, $2,000, and $1,000.
- $1,000 Safe Driver Scholarship. College students who complete a qualifying safe driving course and create awareness about safe driving through mediums like art, video, and essay will qualify for this scholarship. Past winning projects can give you an idea of what the committee is looking for.
- Auto Insurance Essay Scholarship. College students with a GPA of 2.5 and above and high schoolers who have taken SATs and have a GPA of 3.0 or above may apply. The person who writes the most compelling essay about the importance of auto insurance will receive a $1,000 scholarship.
Chubb Group of Insurance Companies Scholarship
Junior and Senior finance majors at Western Michigan University may apply for a $1,000 scholarship. All applicants must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher and 12 or more credit hours to be considered.
The Zebra Safe Driver Scholarship
Texting and driving is a real danger. That’s why the insurance company, The Zebra, is enticing students to share their moment when texting and driving dangers became real for a chance to win $500. All high school and college students may apply with the submission of an essay.