District Goals 2008-2012
ECPS District Goals
Goal: Edgecombe County Public Schools will produce globally competitive
• Every student excels in a rigorous and relevant core curriculum that Goal: Edgecombe County Public Schools will be led by 21st Century
reflects what students need to know and demonstrate in a global
environment, including competencies in the use of technology.
• Every student will be exposed to technology to access and demonstrate
new knowledge and skills that will be needed as a life-long learner
• Every student’s achievement is measured with an assessment system that
informs instruction and evaluates knowledge, skills, and performance, thus
eliminating the achievement gap
• Every student uses technology to access and demonstrate new
knowledge and skills that will be needed as a life-long learner to be
competitive in a constantly changing international environment.
• Every teacher will have the skills to deliver state curriculum content in a Goal: Edgecombe County Public School students will be healthy and
21st Century context with 21st Century tools and technology that
guarantees student learning.
• Every teacher and administrator will use assessment systems to inform
instruction to measure knowledge, skills, performance, and dispositions.
• Every education professional will have 21st Century preparation and
access to ongoing high quality professional development aligned with
State Board of Education and Edgecombe County Board of Education
• Every educational professional uses data to inform decision.
• Every learning environment will be inviting, respectful, supportive, safe,
inclusive, and flexible for student success
• Every school provides an environment in which each child has positive
and nurturing relationships with caring adults
• Every school promotes a healthy, active lifestyle where students are
encouraged to make responsible choices • Every school focuses on developing strong student character, personal
responsibility, and community/world involvement
• Every school reflects a culture of learning that empowers and prepares
students to be life-long learners
Goal: Leadership will guide innovation in Edgecombe County Public Schools
• School professionals will collaborate with state and national partners to Goal: Edgecombe County Public Schools will be governed and supported by
discover innovative transformational strategies that will facilitate change,
remove barriers for 21st Century learning
• School leaders will create a culture that embraces change and promotes
dynamic continuous improvement.
• Educational professionals will make decisions in collaboration with
parents, students, businesses, education institutions, and faith-based and
other community and civic organizations to impact student success and
promote strong school, home and community relationships.
• The public school professionals will collaborate with community colleges
and public and private universities and colleges to provide enhanced
educational opportunities for students
21st Century systems
• Processes are in place for financial planning and budgeting that focuses
on alignment with priorities to maximize student achievement.
• Twenty-first century technology and learning tools are available and are
supported by schools and the district
• Effective and efficient operations are maintained through information and
fiscal systems capable of collecting relevant data and reporting strategic
and operational results to ensure effective and efficient operations
• Procedures are in place to support and ensure schools are meeting state
standards for student achievement.