Mr. John Farrelly
Executive Assistant to the Superintendent
412 Pearl St.
Ph: (252) 641-2600
Fx: (252) 641-5714
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
The Superintendent of Schools shall be the chief executive and advisory officer of the Board of Education. Under the direction and control of the Board, the Superintendent will have general supervision over all matters directly or indirectly affecting the operation of the District.
The Superintendent is the Chief Executive Officer of the Board. In this role, the Superintendent is responsible for:
- Supervision of instruction
- Employment, recruitment, supervision, and evaluation of staff
- Supervision of building and grounds
- Maintain relationship with Board of Education
- Meet laws and requirements of the State Board of Education