“I am enthusiastic about the beginning of a new school year. Our students and teachers return each year with a sense of renewed energy and excitement,” said Edgecombe County Public Schools Superintendent Dr. Valerie Bridges. “We have made several administrative changes. All of our administrative transitions are for the benefit of the school district and an effort to continue moving Edgecombe County Public School along a positive trajectory. Our goal is to meet every students' needs, improve student achievement, and nurture and support our teachers to excellence.”
The following administrative changes will be in effect for the upcoming school year:
- Craig Harris, former SouthWest Edgecombe High School Principal, will now be the Principal for Tarboro High School.
- Kevin Cutler, former Tarboro High School Principal, will take over as Principal of SouthWest Edgecombe High School.
- Rebecca Sugg will now serve as an Assistant Principal of Tarboro High School. She was previously a School Counselor at SouthWest Edgecombe High School.
- Lavetta Roundtree has moved to SouthWest Edgecombe High School. She previously served as an Assistant Principal at Tarboro High School.
- Rashard Curmon will serve as an Assistant Principal at Tarboro High School. He previously served as the W.A. Pattillo Middle School Assistant Principal.
- Julie Simpson will be the Assistant Principal at W.A. Pattillo Middle School. Previously, she served as the Instructional Coach at Pattillo.
- John “Beau” Drake has been named as an Assistant Principal of SouthWest Edgecombe High School. Drake comes to ECPS from Franklin County Schools where he served as an Assistant Principal Intern.
- Leshaun Jenkins will be the Interim Assistant Principal of Phillips Middle School and Princeville Elementary School. He previously served as a History Teacher at Tarboro High School for 16 years.
- Caroline Joyce will transition from the role of Instructional Coach at North Edgecombe High School to Assistant Principal of the school.
The first day of school for students in traditional schools is Monday, August 28, 2017. Open House will be held for all students and their families on Thursday, August 24, 2017 from 2:00 p.m. until 7:00 p.m.