This program seeks to build strong, literate, and empowered children prepared to make a difference in themselves, their families, communities, nation and world today. By providing summer reading enrichment for children who might otherwise not have access to books, the Freedom Schools program plays a much needed role in helping to curb summer learning loss and close achievement gaps.
- Freedom Schools runs from , through , from at Pattillo Middle School.
- Space is limited to 48 rising 1st - 3rd graders, 48 rising 4th - 6th graders, and 24 rising 7th and 8th graders.
- Transportation will only be provided to students living within a 3 mile radius of Pattillo; however, any rising 1st - 8th grader in ECPS may apply.
- There is a $35 non-refundable application fee; that is the only cost to families. Scholarship funds for the application fee are available; interested families should note this on their application.
- Applications are due by
- Applications can be downloaded from the Peacemakers website at http://rockymountpeacemakers.org/ (click the link on the right hand side for the Tarboro location).