COVID-19 Unemployment Benefits
Availability of Unemployment Benefits As a Result of Coronavirus
- Unemployment insurance benefits are available to workers who are unemployed and who meet the State's eligibility requirements.
- Employees may file a claim in the first week that employment stops, or work hours are reduced.
- Employees may file claims online at des.nc.gov or by telephone to (888) 737-0259.
- Employees must provide DES with the following information for DES to process the claim:
- full legal name;
- social security number; and
- authorization to work (if the employee is not a U.S. citizen or resident).
- Employees may contact DES at (888) 737-0259 and select the appropriate menu option for assistance.