Mission and Services
The Educational Program Services Department (EPS) in Edgecombe County Public Schools provides the District leadership for curriculum and instruction. A curriculum is what a teacher actually teaches; instruction is how he or she teaches it.
The mission of the EPS is to maintain effective partnerships for building capacity in schools to improve teaching and learning.
As a department we provide the following:
- Support services to principals, teachers, and schools so that students succeed
- Development of support guides for teachers and parents
- Identification and dissemination of the best teaching and curricular practices
- Identification of instructional materials and supplies
- Curriculum questions
- Best instructional practices
- Technology for learning
- Development of District benchmarks
- Students with disabilities