EC Parent Resources



New to ECPS?


If you are new to Edgecombe County and have a child who has been receiving special education services, contact the school in your attendance area and provide them with documentation of your child’s special needs (i.e., a copy of the student’s Individualized Education Program).  When school is not in session, you may contact Meagan Sykes at Central Services by calling (252) 641-2600 ext. 2671.


Have Concerns?


If you are concerned that your child might be in need of special education services and/or related services, you should contact your child’s school principal, Student Support Services, or your child’s school Exceptional Children case teacher.


Have Questions?


If you have questions or concerns about your child's education that cannot be answered at the school level, please contact EC Director Meagan Sykes at Central Services by calling (252) 641-2600 ext. 2671.


Exceptional Children’s Personnel


Exceptional Children’s Personnel are responsible for providing information and assistance to school personnel who are responsible for ensuring that all procedures that apply to students with disabilities are implemented according to the intent and letter of the law.  In addition, the staff provides training to school personnel on laws/policies and effective classroom practice. Exceptional Children’s Personnel also consult with parents who need information about specific disabilities, community resources, or have concerns about their child’s education.


Child Find

If you have concerns that your child or child you work with may be a child with a disability who requires special education services please contact your child’s school and ask to speak with your Exceptional Children’s Case Teacher or Principal.


Links for Parents: