Edgecombe County Public Schools maintains a pool of substitutes to ensure continued services to our students in an employee's absence. We have substitutes for teachers, child nutrition, bus drivers and bus monitors. Our district uses an automated service called Aesop for finding and managing our substitutes which greatly simplifies and streamlines the process.
To be considered for inclusion on our substitute teacher list, applicants need to do the following:
- Applicants must complete all the forms listed under "Required Forms" and provide a copy of their driver's license, social security card, high school diploma and a copy of the Effective Teacher Training course certificate. The forms are found under the tab "HR Forms" located on the left of this page. Attachments should be uploaded during the application process.
- All prospective substitute teachers must complete the Effective Teacher Training before being approved as a substitute. Effective Teacher Training must have been completed within the past three years.
Substitute Pay Rates
- Licensed Teacher Sub - $103/day
- Non-Licensed Teacher Sub - $80/day
- Child Nutrition Sub - $8/hour
- Bus Driver / Bus Monitor Sub - $10.95/hour
Required Forms (see HR Forms Link on the Right)
- N.C. Tax Withholding Form
- Federal Tax Withholding Form
- I-9 - Employment Eligibility Verification Form
- Recommendation/Volunteer Verification Form
- Health Certificate
- Direct Deposit Form
- ESSR - Certification of Eligibility of Retiree to be Re-Employed
Copies to be submitted
- Copy of Driver's License or photo ID issued through the NC Division of Motor Vehicles
- Copy of Social Security Card
- Copy of High School Diploma, GED, College transcript or High School transcript showing date of graduation
- Copy of Effective Teacher course certificate
- Copy of teaching license if applicable
Substitute Seminar Requirement and Yearly Intent Form
All substitutes are required to attend the Edgecombe County Public Schools' district sponsored Substitute Seminar when offered. Notification of the Substitute Seminar is posted on our webpage, aired on Channel 3 and posted in our schools. Failure to attend will result in removal from the substitute list.
To help maintain our pool of substitutes, a continued employment Intent Form is sent to all substitutes annually. This Intent Form is to determine the substitute's wish to continue service for the next school year. If the form is not returned or the intent form indicates a wish to be removed from the substitute list, employment will end and no further contact will be made.
Failure to attend the district sponsored Substitute Seminar, failure to return the Intent Form or a written request to be removed from our substitute teacher list will result in immediate removal from our active substitute list. Once removed, there will be a 2-month waiting period for reactivation.
It is imperative that the Personnel Services Department have your current mailing address.