To be considered for inclusion on our substitute teacher list, applicants need to do the following:
- Complete the Substitute Teacher, Child Nutrition or Bus Driver application (See the tab labeled, Applying for Employment, on our main Human Resources page.
- Applicants must complete all the forms listed under "Required Forms" and provide a copy of their driver's license, social security card, high school diploma and a copy of the Effective Teacher Training course certificate. The forms are found under the tab "HR Forms" located on the left of this page. Attachments should be uploaded during the application process.
- ALL NEW substitute teachers to Edgecombe County Public Schools who HAVE NOT previously completed an App-Garden Online Course and, are not Effective Teacher Training Certified, or do not hold a teaching certificate, must take this course. This course will provide orientation training for substitute teachers along with the Effective Substitute Teacher training which includes classroom management, lesson planning, and helpful tips to be an effective substitute. You must complete each series and pass the quizzes. The initial Effective Substitute training provided by App Garden is $34.00. This course will provide orientation for three calendar years from date of completion. At that time, the renewal training for substitute teachers who have completed this course will be offered at $19.00. This course will be required to be completed every 3 years. You must complete each series in the renewal and pass all the quizzes. You will receive a completion certificate.
- Licensed Teacher Sub - $103/day
- Non-Licensed Teacher Sub - $80/day
- Child Nutrition Sub - $8/hour
- Bus Driver - $12.07/hour
- Bus Monitor Sub - $11.66/hour
- N.C. Tax Withholding Form
- Federal Tax Withholding Form
- I-9 - Employment Eligibility Verification Form
- Health Certificate
- Direct Deposit Form
- ESSR - Certification of Eligibility of Retiree to be Re-Employed
- Copy of Driver's License or photo ID issued through the NC Division of Motor Vehicles
- Copy of Social Security Card
- Copy of High School Diploma, GED, College transcript or High School transcript showing date of graduation
- Copy of Effective Teacher course certificate
- Copy of teaching license if applicable
To help maintain our pool of substitutes, a continued employment Intent Form is sent to all substitutes annually. This Intent Form is to determine the substitute's wish to continue service for the next school year. If the form is not returned or the intent form indicates a wish to be removed from the substitute list, employment will end and no further contact will be made.