Our schools are increasing efforts to sanitize and clean our campuses and buses. We are taking all necessary precautions and we are communicating with the Edgecombe County Health Department for direction and support.
We have no knowledge of confirmed or suspected cases in our area and believe the immediate risk to our community is low at this time. However, we are taking proactive steps. We have established a team that is meeting regularly to review and assess the situation.
Health officials advise the steps you take to prevent the spread of the common cold and the flu will also prevent Coronavirus.
Here are some helpful tips that will aid in prevention:
- Wash your hands frequently—and thoroughly (for at least 20 seconds). Use a Hand Sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Then, throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands.
- Remain home with a fever-if you have a temperature of 100.4 or greater, you should remain home until you are 24 hours fever free without fever-reducing medication.
- Use appropriate disinfectants on high-touch surfaces, such as doorknobs, table tops, electronics, light switches, and more.
The North Carolina Division of Public Health has established a call line at 1-866-462-3821 to address general questions about Coronavirus from the public.
Here are a few resources that may be helpful:
Talking to your child