We are excited to offer a signing/retention bonus to new hires in our hardest to fill areas of 6-12 Math and/or Science and K-12 Special Education. Teachers that sign a contract with our school district and serve in one of these areas will receive $2,000.00. In return for the signing/retention bonus, it is our intention for the recipient of the bonus to work a minimum of 2 years with us.
(All bonuses are contingent upon available funding).
The Edgecombe County Board of Education pays a salary supplement that is in addition to base salaries. Over the past few years, the Board, along with the Superintendent, have worked diligently to increase the amount of the supplement. The teacher supplement is 7% of the annual salary and is paid 1/2 in November and 1/2 in March. The classified supplement is $300 and paid once a year in November. Supplements are pro-rated based on actual time worked.
(All supplements are contingent upon available funding).
Edgecombe County Public Schools participates in E-Verify to electronically verify the employment eligibility of all its newly hired employees. Below are posters that provide more information about the E-Verify system and 'Your Right To Work".
Right To Work Poster (English version)
Right to Work Poster (Spanish version)
Edgecombe County Public Schools has launched a new employment application system. The new North Carolina Schools Jobs, powered by TeacherMatch, provides an innovative way to streamline the hiring process. Applicants will experience an enhanced, user-friendly system when applying for positions.
FYI - If you have a 4-year college degree with a minimum of a 2.5 GPA, you may qualify for a lateral entry teaching license for one of our licensed positions. Click here to see the Lateral Entry Eligibility chart.
To apply for career opportunities, open the link below.
Edgecombe County Public Schools Job Board - Click to search all vacant positions. To apply for a position listed, click on the 'Actions/Apply' icon on the far right; then click on the green 'Apply' button; select option for a cover letter to be attached and click 'Continue'; then click the green 'Sign-up' button to create your user account and proceed with the application process.
Click here for directions on applying for positions with Edgecombe County Public Schools using our new Applicant Tracking System or completing your initial account sign up.
If you do not see a specific position available for the job(s) you are interested in, please consider applying to the Generic Posting in the category for which you are interested. By doing this, you make your application visible so you can be considered for employment as vacancies occur in our district. Our Generic Postings are listed in our Job Board as follows:
Classified Generic Positions
- Generic Classified Positions (teacher assistant, office support, custodian, personal care provider, etc.)
- Generic Maintenance Worker (includes electricians, plumbers, roofers, grounds keepers, etc.)
- Generic Transportation Worker (include bus mechanics)
- Generic Child Nutrition Assistant (include child nutrition assistants, cashiers and managers)
- Generic Bus Driver (only posting used to apply for a bus driver position)
- Generic Bus Monitor (only posting used to apply for a bus monitor position)
- Generic Licensed Positions (includes teachers, counselors, social workers, media specialists, coaches, etc. - any non-administrative position that requires a teaching license)
- Generic Principal Position (only posting used to apply for a principal position)
- Generic Director Position (only posting used to apply for a director or coordinator position)