Edgecombe County Public Schools provides all new teachers with a three-day New Teacher Orientation held prior to the start of school each year. This orientation is meant to acclimate new teachers to our district and state policies.
Topics normally discussed at the orientation include:
- N.C. State Board Policies
- ECPS Board Policies
- ECPS District Vision and Initiatives
- NCEES Training
- Writing Lesson Plans
- Unpacking Lesson Plan Standards
- Classroom Management
- Digital Teaching Resources
- Accommodations Basics
- NC Falcon
- Seclusion and Restraint Training
- Positive Behavior Interventions and Support (PBIS)
All newly hired teachers that are new to the teaching profession are required to attend this orientation. Other new hires may be invited to attend to gain knowledge of ECPS practices.