Edgecombe County Public Schools

Skip to main content
Mobile Menu
Licensure » Provisional License Requirements

Provisional License Requirements

License areas can be added provisionally to existing, not-expired, teaching license or for student support services areas . Pre-requisites may be required for some of these areas so make contact with the licensure office for specific requirements.

Provisional license are issued on a year by year basis for a maximum of 5 years  Educator must either pass the State required test to clear the provisional and/or complete a minimum of 6 semester hours of course work each year toward a plan of study issued by an accredited college/university.

A provisional license expires annually and documentation of meeting the yearly requirement(s) must be provided to the HR Department in order to get a license extension for the next year. Upon completion of the program, the college/university will recommend clearing the provisional license to DPI or HR Licensure Specialist will handle.
A provisional license application requires the employee to pay a non-refundable licensure processing fee of $60 made payable by VISA or MasterCard.